LIGR is the easiest way to add professional graphics to live sports streams. We are passionate about solving the problem of live graphics in the simplest and easiest way possible. Our mission is to allow anyone who wants to live stream sport, to be able to produce stunning and professional animations and graphics without any prior skill or knowledge. Every sports game deserves to be live and looking amazing!
As a theme designer at LIGR, you will be responsible for helping to design sports broadcast themes that will shape what millions of viewers will see across the world. We are an early stage startup so we are looking for a self-motivated, passionate, and positive individual who is excited about creating eye popping sports themes that ESPN or Fox Sports would be proud of. You will be working in close proximity to our front end engineering team and product design team.
LIGR is a small team of people with various backgrounds. We are looking for an individual who is motivated, autonomous and passionate about design creativity and sports. We don’t always succeed, but we learn from our mistakes to better ourselves and grow the business.
- Take a user-centered approach to rapidly iterate and test static design theme concepts
- review our current themes and understand how users interact with themes to understand and define solutions
- Design and deliver initial theme concepts using SVG design tools such as Sketch, keeping detailed file organisation, working tightly with our front end engineering team
- Participate in design theme sprint meetings with the entire team to define priorities
- Research and understand traditional broadcast graphics, themes and animations across specific sports, to implement new and exciting ways to tell a story within live sports broadcasts
- 2+ years of experience in product design or UI/UX design
- Experience using data to inform design and product decisions
- Familiar with tools like Sketch, Invision, Figma etc
- Sport background
- Broadcast design experience
- Motion/animation design with modern front end frameworks
In addition to being a part of a small but great team, working in a fun and creative environment and learning from the best technical minds in the sports industry, we offer:
- Endless theme design opportunities across all sports
- Access to the latest tools and technologies
- Work with global sporting bodies, sports leagues and sportscasters / broadcasters
- Remote work
- Start-up sized company, where you can make an immediate impact and see your designs up in lights
- Work in a team where design is as important as engineering
Applying is easy. Send an email with your resume, website, portfolio, links to apps and designs, or anything else you're proud of. If we like what we see, we’ll get in touch and organise a catchup in person or over video chat. We’ll then tell you more about the role and we can decide if there's a fit.
Email to email@example.com to apply.